Group Commitment / Values
To enhance the openness and effectiveness of your group, it is helpful for each member to affirm the following values:
- Preparation: I will strive to prepare for each meeting by reading the selected pages and completing each week's My Next Step exercise. Note: Some S.A.L.T. groups may not have these.
- Attendance: I will strive to attend every meeting, unless illness or unavoidable obligations intervene, and I will call if I expect to be late or absent.
- Breathe Grace: I will refrain from criticizing or judging others in thought or word, and will strive to spur others on in their walk with Christ through gracious, constructive and encouraging words.
- Iron Sharpening Iron: Realizing that spiritual growth often requires loving correction, I will humbly receive and consider other's insights on how I can put off worldly ways and grow to be more like Christ (Hebrews 10:23-24).
- Confidentiality: I will carefully guard the trust and confidences of others. I will not discuss outside this group any personal information revealed within the group.
- Newcomers: I will check with our group leader before inviting others to join the group, and I will warmly welcome newcomers.
- Prayer: I will pray regularly for the people in my group (Philippians 4:6-7).